March 10 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The first symphony composed and published by a female American composer, Amy Beach’s Symphony in E-minor, Op. 32 drew inspiration from English, Scottish and Irish melodies. The piece debuted in 1896 to critical acclaim and continues to delight and inspire audiences today.
Also during this performance, the ISO’s Beth Mason Young Artists Endowment Fund will present the winner of the Young Artists Competition to perform with the symphony. For more information on the Beth Mason Young Artists Fund and the Young Artists Competition, visit www.masonyoungartists.com.
- Overture D.26, D Major Schubert
- Selection from Young Artists Competition Winner
- Symphony in E-minor “Gaelic”, Beach
Pre-concert lecture begins at 6:15 p.m. in the theatre.
Tickets are available from the RP Funding Center box office:
- In person at 701 W Lime Street, Lakeland (9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday -Friday)
- By phone (863) 834-8111 (9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday -Friday)
- Online: https://rpfundingcenter.com/event-details/?eventId=27424