Inspiration for Generations
Since 1965, the Imperial Symphony Orchestra has been educating, entertaining and inspiring central Florida audiences. What began as a group of 30 passionate volunteer musicians has grown to a paid, per-service orchestra serving Polk County and neighboring communities.
- Hello! My name is Brigid Pettit and I am very excited to be interning with the Imperial Symphony Orchestra this summer! Originally from Grottoes, Virginia, I am a 2016 graduate of Virginia Tech, where I studied both Religion and Culture and writing in my undergraduate courses. I will be returning to Virginia Tech to complete my […] Read More »
- On May 1, 500 kids and family members came to Florida Southern College for the ISO’s annual Cookie Concert sponsored by Publix Super Markets Charities, Inc. Before the concert, (a href=”http://www.lakelandelectric.com” target=”blank”>Lakeland Electric presented some fun activities including touch and try instruments in the instrument petting zoo, story time, coloring and a soundwave demonstration! Then, […] Read More »
- As the 50th season of the Imperial Symphony Orchestra (ISO) comes to a close, the board of directors announces an exciting development in the way the ISO meets its mission to “educate, entertain and inspire audiences.” Generous residents, foundations and businesses in Polk County have made it possible to fund an orchestra with paid musicians. […] Read More »
- The Imperial Symphony Orcehstra concluded its 50th Masterworks season with Beethoven’s iconic “Symphony No. 9″ complete with nearly 200 voices from Lakeland Choral Society Inc., Florida Southern College, Southeastern University (Florida) and soloists Stella Zambalis, Christina Sale, Mark Thomsen and Thomas Potter. Thanks to tremendous season partners WONN/WPCV/WLKF/WWRZ, The Hilda Sutton and William D. Blanton […] Read More »
- Nearly 200 voices will join ISO musicians on stage. The Imperial Symphony Orchestra will present Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9 with support from nearly 200 voices from Lakeland Choral Society, Florida Southern College and Southeastern University. The final concert of the 2015-2016 Masterworks Series will take place Tuesday April 19 at 7:30 p.m. at The Lakeland […] Read More »