Welcome to the ISO’s 50th Season!
Since 1965, the Imperial Symphony Orchestra has been educating, entertaining and inspiring central Florida audiences. The ISO’s 50th season of performances includes world renown guest artists, favorite Masterworks selections and even some new experiences! Join today to ensure that your seats are reserved for this tremendous celebration!
- As the 50th season of the Imperial Symphony Orchestra (ISO) comes to a close, the board of directors announces an exciting development in the way the ISO meets its mission to “educate, entertain and inspire audiences.” Generous residents, foundations and businesses in Polk County have made it possible to fund an orchestra with paid musicians. […] Read More »
- The Imperial Symphony Orcehstra concluded its 50th Masterworks season with Beethoven’s iconic “Symphony No. 9″ complete with nearly 200 voices from Lakeland Choral Society Inc., Florida Southern College, Southeastern University (Florida) and soloists Stella Zambalis, Christina Sale, Mark Thomsen and Thomas Potter. Thanks to tremendous season partners WONN/WPCV/WLKF/WWRZ, The Hilda Sutton and William D. Blanton […] Read More »
- Nearly 200 voices will join ISO musicians on stage. The Imperial Symphony Orchestra will present Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9 with support from nearly 200 voices from Lakeland Choral Society, Florida Southern College and Southeastern University. The final concert of the 2015-2016 Masterworks Series will take place Tuesday April 19 at 7:30 p.m. at The Lakeland […] Read More »
- Friends of the ISO are invited to see the exciting musical fusion of BARRAGE 8, a traditional string octet, at The Lakeland Center on April 14 at 7:30 p.m. BARRAGE 8 performances offer a diverse fusion of cultures, musical genres and incredible performance vitality. The ensemble features all the instruments in the modern string family. […] Read More »
- On March 15, the ISO’s Music of the Stars performance welcomed Adrian Wyard, Visual Artist and his presentation, “The Planets Live!” as musicians presented Holst’s epic work, The Planets. Thanks to partners at Polk County Public Schools and many home school and private school groups, Adrian was also able to share his images with more […] Read More »